Wednesday 12 May 2021

The Hand Crafted Catapult

 In Te Ngahere we have been doing some EPro8.On Tuesday we had to make a catapult. We were split into groups of 4 and 3. When we were building we had to use kinetic energy and potential energy. potential energy is when the object stays still and the energy is stored in the ball and kinetic energy is when the object's energy is let out. We only had a limited amount of resources and we had to use bamboo sticks, rubber bands, tape,string, scissors,and a ping pong ball. My group were struggling a little bit with building the catapult. We had made the structure we just had no clue of what to do for the catapult. We were stuck in the pit. After a while we all started to talk to each other and came up with this really cool idea. Once we had thought of the good idea we took down our catapult just by pulling some sticks out and then we had made the bowl that will hold the ball. After a while we had finished our catapult and it worked really well but not as good as the others but we were happy with it. But next time we need to work on communication. Have you ever made a catapult before?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Hudson, its Anika from Paihia School. I really liked your post about the hand crafted catapult because it was very interesting to read. I really liked that you described all the things did because if I didn’t go that day I would of felt like I was there. Yes I have made a catapult before. (Four times actually.) Who was your group for this fun and amazing project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hudson, it’s me Poet. I like your blog post because I didn't know a lot of things about potential energy and kinetic energy but your post taught me some new things. I also liked that you guys were in the pit but then you found a way to solve it by talking to each other and getting ideas. Then your group and you had a really good idea about a catapult and it worked really well. Who was in your group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hudson my name is Tait from Ahipara School. I liked it how you told us what you did to make a catapult. Maybe next time you could add a photo to your writing. Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete